The headquarters of the Ancient Guild of Incorporated Brick and Stone layers.
Built in 1812 and used initially as St Peter's Savings Bank.
In the 1980s Dublin Corporation wanted to demolish the hall to make way for a duel carriageway, the union intervened and went to the courts for the preservation of the historic facade,
the union and The National Trust for Ireland An Taisce suggested that instead of demolishing the entire building the facade should be dismantled brick by brick and reconstructed to a new location, in due course work began slowly dismantling and painstakingly numbering every part of the facade before carefully placing the different pieces into crates and storing them away.
This is where they remain to this day.
June 1985 The Bricklayers Hall Cuffe Street