Under a burning sky a gull flies high over the Custom House.
The construction of architect James Gandon's Custom House started in 1781 and was completed ten years later with the costs rising to more than £200,000, a fortune at the time.
The primary funtion of the building was the business of custom and excise for all of Ireland.
In 1921 the interior was destroyed by fire while in use as government headquarters in the war of independence, with the blaze raging for a week.
April 1985 Custom House, North Dock