IN THE CITY - Dano Dublin Images


Pages

Galleries

Powered by SmugMug Log In

Reflections

Crystal clear reflections of Grattan Bridge and the surrounding area on a hazy summer day.
Grattan Bridge connects Capel Street to Parliament Street. Built formerly as Essex Bridge in 1676 named after Arthur Cappell the first Earl of Essex lord lieutenant of Ireland. Rebuilt in 1753, and again in 1852 with the new title of Grattan Bridge, after Henry Grattan the Irish politician and member of the Irish house of commons. Also known as Capel Street Bridge and Essex Bridge it is distinctive for its ornate lamp standards supported by mythological Hippocampus
(Seahorses)
July 1986 Grattan Bridge
Dublin Ireland