The final chapter - Parsons bookshop - Image 1
Partially built on Baggot Street Bridge and Mespil Road Parsons in its day was a beacon for Dublin's bohemian society. May O' Flaherty on the good advice from her friend the poet and novelist Patrick Kavanagh turned her new venture into a book shop.
Ably assisted by Mary King and her loyal staff in the 1950 s,
Parsons became the meeting place where writers, poets, and painters convened.
Patrick Kavanagh, Brendan Behan, Flann O' Brien were three of many who visited on a regular basis. With increased competition from larger bookstores, May finally decided to call it a day 1989,
and another chapter closed in Dublin's literary history.
Februray 1989 Parsons bookshop Upper Baggot Street